Nutzo Tech 1 series Expedition truck bed rack. This is a fully welded, all aluminum, expedition roof top tent (RTT) rack. These aluminum bed racks can support the largest of RTT. The Nutzo Tech 1 rack has the most modular configuration that we offer. These racks have a universal bolt pattern that accepts, in any configuration, our NutShell Modular Storage Boxes and Universal Mounting Plates. The NutShell Modular Storage Boxes are available in a 18″, 42″, and 50″ lengths. The Universal Mounting Plates are predrilled for attaching Rotopax cans, Hi-Lift Jacks, Maxtrax Pins, and more to come. The rack comes a standard height of 19″ from the bed rail.
We can customize your truck rack to any configuration to accommodate your needs. Extended height and cantilever over the cab are available. We custom build these racks to fit everything from light duty to heavy duty trucks. These racks are made from 2” square aluminum tube with 1/8” wall thickness. The cross bars are made from 1 -5/8” square tube.
Depending on truck bed lengths, sometimes the rack will have 1 upright divider pole. This will leave a 20″ window upfront by the cab that will accept a 18″ Nutshell Box or a Universal mounting plate. This will leave the back of the rack open to accept multiple 18″ Nutshell boxes, a single long Nutshell box, or Universal mounting plates.
These racks go thru a multi-step cleaning process, receive an epoxy based primer, and get coated with regular Linex bed liner then a top coat of Linex Ultra. The Linex Ultra provides a finer texture and is U.V. stable. After the finishing process is complete, we will proceed with any lighting requirements including CHMSL (Third brake lights), flood lights, cargo lights, and marker lights.
The Nutzo Bed Rack Options and Modules:
- Finish Options – Black Textured Urethane Coating ( standard)
- Lighting Options – The light package can be purchased as a Deluxe Package or a la carte. The internally wired Deluxe light package includes: 1-CHMSL, 1- white cargo bed light, 4- Yellow marker lights, 2- Red marker lights, 4- VisionX Dura M460 2.75” square LED flood light. All of our lights are wired with 12-14 gauge double sheathed marine grade wire and come standard with 5ft leads. All of our crimp fittings are heat shrink fittings to keep out moisture. For disconnects we use Weather Pack electrical connectors and Wago snap connectors. The weatherproof fused switch panel in the Pelican box is an additional charge.
- Hard Deck Option – Hard Deck HC, “HC for high clearance. Hard Deck HC for Tech Series Expedition Bed Racks. Heavy duty aluminum frame from 1″x 3″ tubing, extra tubing under spare tire location, set-up for 35″- 40” spare tire with mounting hardware. Aluminum “L” track for additional storage. Offers extreme security and maximum weather proofing. No loss of clearance from original bed height.
- Hard Deck SC, “SC” for standard clearance. Hard deck for Tech Series Expedition Bed Racks. Heavy duty aluminum frame from 1-5/8 square tubing, heavy wall aluminum angle at cab end and tailgate, set-up for 35′-42″ spare tire with mounting hardware. Aluminum “L” track for securing additional cargo. Offers extreme security and maximum weather proofing. SC version lowers clearance approx 1-3/8″ from original bed height
- Coiling Cover Option – USA made aluminum powder coated, retractable, and lockable cover. Requires modification to rack and has addition Coiling Cover prep fees. Coiling Cover is weatherproof.
- Removable Cross Bars –Removable Crossbars allow full access and versatility to the bed of your truck. Extra removable crossbars can be made to hold/mount many additional items. You can have different bars for different mounting solutions that can be changed out in minutes. A standard Tech 1 rack has 6 crossbars (12 pairs of solid 1.625″ aluminum connectors). Each connector end has 2 Stainless Steel bolts with nylon lock nuts.
- Accessory Shelf – The accessory shelf is approximately 23″ wide and bolts onto the rack spanning the bed. This shelf sits behind cab, it is removable and includes tie down holes.
- Nutshell Storage Box – Our all aluminum storage boxes are fully welded and gasketed. They offer extreme security and weather resistance. We have coated the outside of the box with our textured urethane coating and they bolt to most of our previous and future racks. The boxes have a lockable compression latch and a gas strut to hold the door open. The Standard box size is 16″, 32″ and 50″ Wide, 14.5″ Tall, 13″ Deep. Custom widths are available.
- Awning Mount Brackets – We offer a side awning mount and a rear awning mount. Both can be ordered at the time of fabrication and welded onto the rack or the mounts can be ordered as bolt on accessories for future add-ons. The brackets are pre-drilled for Rhino Rack, ARB, and 23Zero awnings. Custom hole spacing available.
- Rotopax Mounts –2 Gallon cans available in Red-Gas, Yellow-Diesel, Blue-DEF/Kerosene, White-Water, Black-Storage, Orange-Storage. Deluxe and Locking mounts available. All locking mounts are keyed alike.
- Maxtrax Mounting Plates –These plates are pre-drilled to mount to our Tech 2 racks that have the accessory mounting bars. Additional brackets are required for mounting to the Tech 1 and Tech 3 racks. Plates Do Not come with the Maxtrax or TRED Pro Mounting Pins.
- Tire Carrier Options – Large sheeted deck is designed to accommodate a tire up to 40″ and still provide extra space for storing gear. The shelf comes with (2) 2″/2500lbs straps with 4 tie down pucks to secure the tire. Requires the additional of our universal accessory bed rail.
Custom options available, please inquire.
Pricing subject to change without notification.
Average Crate fee material/ labor $595